Infection Prevention's role in our organization is to prevent and control infections. Comprised of physicians and nurses, the team provides each department within our organization the resources necessary to prevent adverse outcomes for our patients.
Watch our hand washing video from our Aspiring Leaders Program.
What type of infections does the team focus on?
- Multi-drug resistance in the inpatient units
- Catheter-related blood stream infections
- Ventilator-associated pneumonias
- Surgical site infections
- Hand hygiene compliance
- Foley catheter-related urinary track infections
- All nosocomial (hospital-acquired) infections.
What does Infection Prevention do to fight infections?
- Creates policies that adhere to the most current evidence-based practice guidelines and recommendations
- Educates departments about new and emerging pathogens and procedures
- Acts as a resource for staff for all infection questions or concerns.