Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) Policy on Online Commenting
By commenting on Mohawk Valley Health System-sponsored sites, such as its blog, website or social media sites, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn and Foursquare, you give Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media.
To promote respectful discussion within these forums, we ask that you be courteous and productive and avoid comments that are profane, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, inappropriate, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable or inaccurate. Blogs often foster debate of an issue; users should engage in such exchanges with mutual respect for others’ opinions.
In posting material on the MVHS-sponsored sites, you agree to not:
- Post material that MVHS determines is threatening, harassing, illegal, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, inaccurate or hostile towards any individual or entity
- Post phone numbers or email addresses of yourself or any other individual or entity in the body of your comment
- Post material that infringes on the rights of MVHS or any individual or entity, including privacy, intellectual property or publication rights
- Post material that promotes or advertises a commercial product, solicits business or membership, or financial or other support in any business, group or organization except those which are officially sponsored by MVHS and its affiliates
- Post chain letters, the same comment multiple times or otherwise distribute “spam” via MVHS-sponsored sites
- Allow any other individual or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
- Post comments under multiple names or using another person’s name.
MVHS reserves the right to:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal, disruptive or that otherwise fail to conform with this policy
- Terminate a user's access to the blog feature upon any breach of this policy
- Edit or delete any communications posted on MVHS-sponsored sites, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless MVHS, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, causes of action, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of any claim by a third party relating to any material a user has posted on MVHS-sponsored sites.
By posting a comment or material of any kind on a MVHS-sponsored site, the user hereby agrees to the terms and conditions set forth above.
MVHS employees are subject to additional social media policies as published in the Employee Handbook.