Amenities for our Patients
- Free wireless internet access is available throughout the hospital for patient and visitor use.
- Greeters visit new patients within 36 hours of their admission (Monday through Friday) to introduce themselves and see if there is anything they need during their stay with us.
- Our head chef visits patients on floors to see how they enjoyed their meal or need anything special, making it more like a hotel experience than a hospital visit.
- Members of the Volunteer Association deliver a free newspaper each day to patients.
- If you are a patient on your birthday - we delivery a Happy Birthday balloon and greeting card.
- If patients want something to eat that is not on the menu, they can call directly to the kitchen and order what they would like (pending any diet restrictions).
- Individual televisions in most patient rooms, we provide head phones for listening as well as ear plugs. The TV service is provided free of charge.
- The new Imaging Center is located off site from the hospital campus for better access and patient privacy. The center features plush cotton robes for mammography patients, individual storage lockers, fresh muffins and drinks in waiting area, lemon refreshed water and comfortable, private waiting rooms with a fireplace and flat screen televisions.
- Quiet time from 2pm to 4pm every day is observed on all inpatient units to promote rest and healing.
Recent renovations to St. Luke’s Campus lobby
The renovated lobby at the St. Luke’s Campus is more like a hotel lobby than one you would find in a hospital. Designed in an Adirondack theme, a gift shop, Jazzman’s Café, tile floor, warm colors, indoor wall water fountain, comfortable chairs and flat screen TVs create a more relaxed atmosphere for patients, visitors, physicians and staff. The scent of fresh coffee and baked goods combined with soft music playing in the background relieves some of the stress of visiting a loved one in the hospital.
Recent renovations to the ICOU, Surgery, CCU and Emergency Department Waiting Rooms
The new waiting rooms provide comforting areas for visitors to gather while their loved ones are being cared for. Designed in the same Adirondack theme as the main lobby, the waiting rooms feature comfortable furniture, flat screen TVs and private consultation rooms.
Pediatric units in the Emergency Department
Two pediatric exam rooms were renovated and feature an Adirondack camp-themed mural on the wall to help make pediatric patients and their families feel more comfortable during their treatment.
Renovations to Allen-Calder First and Second Floors
New décor, flat screen televisions, more private patient rooms and updated equipment.
Patient rooms on AC 1 West have safes installed to protect patients’ valuables.