Become a Guild Member at St. Elizabeth Medical Center.
The Medical Center’s Guild is comprised of volunteers interested in the welfare of the Medical Center.
The Guild’s function is to:
- Assist the Medical Center in various fund-raising projects
- Support patient and community –relations activities which result in greater community interest
- and understanding of the mission of the Medical Center
- Participate in the Volunteer Program of the Medical Center
About the Guild
The Guild was organized in 1927 through the efforts of a group of women who started meeting in the early 1920’s to sew for the Medical Center. The group then expanded its works to include visiting patients, raising funds for flowers for the wards and other needs of the Medical Center. The Guild was formally incorporated in 1937. Through the years, Guild members have volunteered thousands of hours to the Medical Center in various activities and assignments. In addition to service hours, the Guild, through its many fund-raising events, has donated thousands of dollars to the Medical Center for various projects and needs.
The Guild has a Board of Directors consisting of officers who are elected every two years and are chairpersons of standing committees. The Board meets on a monthly basis from September through June and on special call.
All volunteers, as well as anyone else interested, are encouraged to join the Guild. Volunteers are not obligated to become Guild members. Guild members are encouraged to become active volunteers doing some kind of in-house service.
Upon deciding to join the Guild, the membership officer is to be contacted. The new member is then invited to attend the next Guild Luncheon and general meeting as a guest. At that time, membership officer will accept the application and membership fee.
Regular meetings are held in first floor Conference Rooms near admitting at 12:30 p.m. on the 2nd Friday of each month. There are no meetings in June, July and August.
All members are welcome to serve on any committee. Dues are paid on a calendar year basis; current dues are $15.00. There is a monthly Newsletter mailed to all members to inform them of activities and meetings. Parking is available in the Medical Center Garage.
Projects and Activities of the Guild
- Annual Fashion Show - Guild members strut down the runway in seasonal clothing and styles. Held in the Spring or Fall.
- Annual Holiday Bazaar - Held in November
- Jewelry Sales, Clothing Sales
- Daffodil Project - Daffodils are purchased from the American Cancer Society, placed in decorative cups and delivered to patients.
- Gift Shop Operations
- Monthly Meetings (Except June, July, August)
- Mass for Living Members and Deceased Members
- Participation in Special Events of Medical Center
- Participation in Healthcare Association of New York
- Donations of Flowers for Chapel (Christmas and Easter)
- Annual Scholarship Awards to Graduates of College of Nursing
- Memorial Fund for Deceased Members - Income used to assist students in College of Nursing Scholarships
- Annual Donation to Medical Center
- Other activities, as the need arises for the Guild to help