We are so happy you are considering volunteering at Mohawk Valley Health System. Not only will you be helping other people, you will have that self-gratification it brings when you extend your time for others.
Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 5 hours per week. There are many positions to fit individual time schedules.
Before you start, please submit the following:
- Completed Volunteer Application with 2 references
Following our interview with you, please submit the following:
- Completed Non-Employee Orientation Packet Statement & Evaluation which includes: a post test and sign offs of Confidentiality Statement, HIPAA Education Acknowledgement, Confidential HIV-Related Information Attestation, and Non-Employee Orientation Statement
- Code of Conduct Sign Off (For Faxton St. Luke's Healthcare only)
- Record of a complete physical (not a sports physical or note from a doctor) dated within the last 6 months*
- Record of 2 MMR immunizations
- Record of a Mantoux/PPD (Tuberculosis Skin Test) taken within the last 3 months*
- Record of a Flu shot if beginning near or during October 1st – May 1st.
*Students doing shadowing, internships, or clinicals may provide records of physicals and Mantoux/PPD’s completed within the last 12 months.
Please bring your information to our St. Luke's Campus Volunteer Services office or mail it to:
MVHS Volunteer Services
St. Luke's Campus
P.O. Box 479
Utica, NY 13503
We can be reached at 315-624-6142 if you have questions. We look forward to assisting you on your volunteer journey with us at MVHS.