Bring your family, friends and colleagues and join in celebrating and supporting the future of healthcare in Downtown Utica! Join MVHS on Thursday, August, 15 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for a celebration in the new Regional Medical Center footprint! The celebration will be held on Cornelia Street between Columbia and Lafayette which will be closed off to traffic.
This is a family-friendly event with activities for kids including a fire, police and ambulance truck, games and Sparky the fire dog!
Come for a tour of the new medical center footprint with informational stops along the way, there will also be food trucks, live music and free ice cream!
Walk over to Saranac Thursday after the event and support United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area. MVHS employees will receive a free entry ticket with ID.
Shuttle Pickup Locations and Times
Shuttles are being provided for those who wish to leave their cars at one of our campuses and ride to the celebration.
- Busses will pick people up from the St. Elizabeth Campus in front of the main wooden doors at 3:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Busses will pick up from the St. Luke’s Campus at the main entrance at 3:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- There will be one pick up from the Faxton Campus at the Bennett Street entrance at 4 p.m.
- Busses will bring riders back to the respective campuses once the celebration is over, at 6 p.m.
Anyone is welcome to ride the busses so feel free to bring your families and friends.
Parking is also available at the site of the celebration for those who wish to drive.
- The Kennedy Parking Garage will be open for our use, free of charge, until 9 p.m. You will use the entrance off of Cornelia Street. Please be sure to remove your car before 9 p.m. or it will be locked in the garage until the following morning.
- The parking lot behind RCIL is also available and its entrance is also on Cornelia Street, across from the Kennedy Parking Garage entrance
- Street parking is also available on all surrounding streets.
- Tours will be given around the future site of the medical center. Points of interest such as the main entrance, ED entrance and helistop will be highlighted. Information stops will also be available to provide communication about topics such as the new nursing stations, traffic flow and the exterior design. Each participant will receive a booklet with information about each stop.
- Activities for kids. This is a family-friendly event so we will have activities like face painting, lawn games and a prize wheel for the kids.
- The Utica Police Department is bringing their Armored Rescue Vehicle, UTV and Mobile Command Center, and Utica Police personnel will be present for "show and tell" exhibits. Additionally, the Utica Fire Department will have a Fire Truck with Utica Fire personnel present for “show and tell” exhibits.
- Food and Music. DJ Big Poppa from Mix 102.5 will be playing music throughout the celebration and food trucks from Mangia Macrina's Wood Fired Pizza, El Jefe's Tacos & More and Gloria’s Ice Cream will also be in attendance.
- Free Ice Cream. All participants will receive a free ice cream cone from Gloria’s Ice Cream Truck
- Tickets to Saranac Thursday. MVHS employees, who are 21 and older, will receive complimentary entry into Saranac Thursday that evening where Showtime will be playing! Employees will need to show their badge to get the Saranac ticket.