Mohawk Valley Health System is seeking physician assistants and nurse practitioners to join its growing team in the areas of Family Medicine, Sleep Medicine, Urgent Care and Orthopedics.
The physician assistant and nurse practitioners will work closely with physician to staff develop and coordinate a plan of care designed to meet the physical, psychological and social needs of patients and their families. The candidate must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Knowledge of current literature and a commitment to continued learning are also required.
As a member of the team, each PA/NP shall be responsible for the following duties:
- General duties
- Work collaboratively and function as an efficient member of the health care team
- Assist in the coordination of consultation of other sub-specialists involved in the care of PA/NP patients
- Provide education to patients and families
- Document in the medical record as appropriate and communicate observations/findings with attending physicians
- Monitor environment of care and comply with regulatory agency standards
The Utica area boasts one of the largest 15k road races in the nation, 900 acres of city parks, a zoo, a large arts institute and museum, theaters, a sports/concert arena, numerous historical sites, and entertainment options including the Turning Stone Resort and Casino and the Utica Comets hockey club. With Utica situated near the foothills of the Adirondacks, endless opportunities for outdoor activities including hiking, camping, boating, skiing and fishing are just a short ride away.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact:
Kelly Domizio FASPR,
Physician Acquisition Specialist,