COVID-19: Important Resources/Numbers
- Oneida County Department of Family and Community Services (DSS) Helpline - call 315-798-5439
- Oneida County Health Department COVID Helpline - call 315-798-5431
- Health Clinic-Related Questions (including Hepatitis A,TB or Immunizations)- call 315-798-5747
- Office for the Aging Helpline - call 315-798-5439
- Childcare Helpline - call 315-223-7850 x2222
- Court Emergencies Helpline - call 833-503-0447
- Volunteering Interest - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rome Connected Community Schools - food pantry or to volunteer/donate call or text 315-533-5723 or 315-982-2520
- Mobile Crisis Assessment Team (MCAT) - call 315-732-6228
- Novel Coronavirus Hotline – New York State Department of Health - call 888-364-3065
- OASAS hotline (for alcohol and substance use assistance): call 1-877-8HOPENY
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – call 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line – text NAMI to 741-741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – call 800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – call 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline – call 800-985-5990
- NAMI Helpline – call 800-950-NAMI (6264)
- The Trevor Project - call 866-488-7386 or text START to 678678 (national 24-hour, toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth)
- SAMHSA hotline to find alcohol and substance abuse treatment: 1800-662-4357
- 24/7 helpline for first responders 1-888-731-3473
Local Mental Health Clinic Information:
- Community Health and Behavioral Services (CHBS):
- Utica: 315-798-8868
- Rome: 315- 337-0773
- York Street Clinic (MVPC): 315-738-4440
- Rome Clinic (MVPC): 315-336-6230
- The Neighborhood Center, Inc.:
- Utica 315-272-2700 or 315-272-2723
- Rome 315-272-2730 or 315-272-2748
- Community Health and Behavioral Services (CHBS):
Local Substance Clinics/Resources:
- Beacon Center: 315-366-4100 or (315) 367-1280
- Insight House: 315-724-5168
- Milestones: 315-507-5800
- Community Recovery Center: 315-334-4701
- Helio Health: 315-624-9835
- CFLR Family Support Navigator: 315-733-1709
Links to on-line Alcohol and Substance Use support groups:
COVID-19: Activities and Tips for De-stressing
- Acknowledge the stress, know that any anxiety and fear is normal. Take this time to talk to others about your feelings whether it be on the phone, Facetime, or Skype.
- When you notice that your stress is high, a simple technique is to take some deep breaths. It can be very helpful to practice deep breathing. It can be practiced anywhere, at any time.
- Take a break from the news.
- World Health Organization tips for coping with stress: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/coping-with-stress.pdf?sfvrsn=9845bc3a_8
- World Health Organization tips for helping children cope with stress: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/helping-children-cope-with-stress-print.pdf?sfvrsn=f3a063ff_2
- 10 Breathing Techniques https://www.healthline.com/health/breathing-exercise
- Sanvello – a great self-help app to reduce stress, anxiety & depression: https://caps.tamu.edu/sanvello/
- Managing Anxiety & Stress (according to the CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
- What to Do if the Coronavirus Health Guidelines are Triggering Your Anxiety or OCD: https://themighty.com/2020/03/coronavirus-ocd-anxiety-advice/
- Living With Mental Illness During COVID-19 Outbreak - Preparing for Your Wellness: https://mhanational.org/living-mental-illness-during-covid-19-outbreak-preparing-your-wellness
- When Home Becomes the Workplace: Mental Health and Remote Work https://www.forbes.com/sites/onemind/2020/03/17/when-home-becomes-the-workplace-mental-health-and-remote-work/#5fd1755c1760
- Mental Health America - Keep Your Mind Grounded: https://www.mhanational.org/sites/default/files/B2S%202018%20Worksheet%20-%20Keep%20Your%20Mind%20Grounded.pdf
- Take a Deep Breath: https://www.calm.com/blog/take-a-deep-breath?utm_source=lifecycle&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=difficult_times_subs_031720
- The Parent Guide to Resilience: https://resilienceguide.org/
- Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/talking-to-children-about-covid-19-(coronavirus)-a-parent-resource
Free/Discounted Workouts from Home:
- Yoga and Meditation for Anxiety:
- “Regular yoga practice has been proven to calm stress, enhance concentration, and reduce the symptoms of anxiety.” – Mary & Rick NurrieStearns https://www.yogajournal.com/meditation
- Peloton - offering 90-days free on its app. This app includes floor workouts, yoga, and meditation classes.
- The Daily Burn - offering a 30-day free trial period. This is designed to make you feel like you are in a class while you’re home alone.
- Blink Fitness - offering Facebook Live sessions weekdays at 8 a.m. ET.
- Orangetheory - offering 30 minute workout videos each day
- 305 Fitness - offering cardio dance live streams twice a day on YouTube.
- Gold’s Gym - offering over 600 audio and visual workouts for free on their app through the end of May.
- Planet Fitness - live streaming “Work-Ins” at 7 p.m. ET everyday on Facebook.
- Retro Fitness - offering free daily live stream classes on its Facebook page that are available weekdays at 6 p.m. ET.
- CorePower Yoga - offering free access to a limited collection of online yoga and meditation classes.
At Home with Kids:
- 20 Virtual Field Trips: https://adventuresinfamilyhood.com
- Digital Education/Reading & Learning:
- Scholastic Learn at Home: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Walt Disney World Virtual Rides on YouTube: https://www.chron.com/news/article/Kids-stuck-at-home-can-go-on-these-vi...
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems of the Kennedy Center: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL14hRqd0PELGbKihHuTqx_pbvCLqGbOkF
- Have a library card? Many local libraries allow you to check out and download ebooks!
- Try a new recipe or make dinner as a family!
- PBS Kids Online Games: https://pbskids.org/
- Have a movie night!
- Free Virtual Field Trips: https://www.discoveryeducation.com/community/virtual-field-trips/
- Have a dance party!
- Give your kids art supplies and let them make masterpieces!