The scholarships are sponsored by the Dr. James M. Rozanski Dental Residency Program at Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare. It is funded in the amount of $500 per recipient through registration fees collected at the annual Dr. Michelle E. Haddad Memorial Seminar. The scholarship was established to support qualified individuals who have lived in and plan to practice in Oneida and Herkimer Counties upon completion of the program. The scholarship award will be deposited with the Financial Aid Office in the school where the recipient is enrolled and will be credited to the student’s tuition, books or other fees and/or expenses.
- The applicant must be a resident of Oneida or Herkimer Counties for at least two years prior to acceptance into the dental hygiene program
- The applicant must demonstrate outstanding leadership
- The applicant must have achieved a scholastic performance of 3.0 or greater college grade point average
- The applicant must show their potential for positive impact on the profession of dental hygiene
- Scholarships will be awarded to entering second year students
- The applicant must plan to practice dental hygiene in Oneida or Herkimer Counties for at least one year following graduation.
Each applicant must submit a brief essay along with the application stating why they have chosen the dental hygiene profession, describing their personal attributes and explaining why they believe they will make a good hygienist.
The scholarship committee will meet with the applicants to discuss their career plans.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required. One letter must be from a past instructor and another from someone who has known the applicant for five or more years (cannot be a family member).
Download form and return completed application with required documentation by June 15 to:
Dr. Evelyn Salgado
Faxton St. Luke’s Dental Health Center
1714 Burrstone Road
New Hartford, NY 13413
Scholarships will be awarded by July 15, 2017