The Volunteer Association’s mission is to provide FSLH with the finest volunteer services possible by:
- Caring for our patients, residents and their families in a thoughtful, confidential and comforting manner.
- Educating and instituting new ideas to meet the needs of the FSLH system and the community through our outreach programs.
- Fulfilling the needs of our membership in a pleasant and challenging environment.
- Maintaining activities and services to ensure an annual financial contribution to FSLH.
- Collaborating with FSLH management and the governing board to ensure that our community has access to the best possible healthcare.
Faxton St. Luke’s Volunteer Association is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving both the Faxton and St. Luke’s Campuses. Volunteers are men and women of all ages who enrich their own lives by helping others.
Where would I be volunteering?
Volunteers lend their time and talents in many areas throughout the healthcare system, and you will have your choice of volunteer shifts that are flexible. We do our best to work around your schedule.
Volunteer opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Cancer Center
- Center for Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Services (St. Luke's Home)
- Communications & Marketing/Foundation
- Emergency Department
- Gift Shops
- Human Resources
- Information Desk
- Pastoral Care
- Print Shop
Volunteer activities may include:
- Clerical work
- Community outreach for organ donation awareness
- Serving as a floor aide, greeter or patient visitor
- Delivering mail, newspapers or flowers
- Escorting patients
- Special projects
What are the benefits of being a volunteer?
As an active member of the Faxton St. Luke’s Volunteer Association, you will:
- Feel good about yourself and gain personal satisfaction from helping others.
- Receive a 10 percent discount in the gift shop at the Faxton and St. Luke’s Campuses.
- Receive a complimentary coffee break and meals while on duty.
- Receive the Volunteer Newsletter.
- Be recognized at an annual event.
- Get to know many FSLH employees and fellow volunteers through your work assignments.
The Volunteer Association welcomes all volunteers who are 14 years of age or older to participate. Those beginning their “second career” after retirement are especially encouraged to participate. No special skills are necessary, and active volunteers are asked to donate an average of four hours of service weekly.
The Volunteer Association donates thousands of dollars annually to FSLH through special events and fundraising efforts.
Annual membership dues are:
Active Dues: $5
Active volunteers receive first year membership free.
Associate Dues: $10
Members who do not volunteer but are willing to contribute financially to the Volunteer Association.