The Accelerated Recovery Program for Orthopedics (ARPO) uses SwiftPath, an advanced system with protocols and strategies to help patients succeed with outpatient hip and knee replacement. Andrew Wickline, MD, Total Joint Medical Director at our St. Elizabeth Campus, is one of the top surgeons in New York State and the only orthopedic surgeon in Central New York to use the SwiftPath program. Eligible patients may be discharged the same day after surgery for total knee or total hip replacement.
The Accelerated Recovery Program includes
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pain control by continuous medication delivery directly into the surgical site
- Exercises to perform once an hour while awake
- Increased patient satisfaction and
- Improved outcomes, with patients walking device-free sooner.
A Patient Guide outlines every step in the total joint replacement process, from consult appointment through surgery and back to the office for a post-op, follow-up appointment.
Contact Us for More Information
For more information, call 315-738-5069 or contact us using the form below today.