Staying in your own home gives you a stronger sense of independence and well-being. Senior Network Health is an alternative to traditional nursing home care. It is a managed long-term health care plan for individuals who need assistance with day to day health maintenance and support activities, but want to live in the comforts of home with the caring faces of family and friends nearby.
Unlike traditional home care services, Senior Network Health is structured around personalized care management and an extensive number of community-based, long-term care services. Our nursing professionals will create and coordinate a plan of care that is designed to fit each member’s individual care needs.
What kind of services are offered and coordinated by Senior Network Health?
- Adult Day Health Care or Social Day Care
- Audiology - hearing exams and hearing aids
- Consumer directed aides
- Dental care
- Durable medical equipment and medical/surgical supplies
- Home-delivered and congregate meals
- Home health care
- Home health aides
- Medical social services
- Occupational, physical and speech therapies
- Home safety modifications
- Medication management
- Nursing home care
- Nutrition counseling
- Optometry - eye exams and glasses
- Personal care
- Personalized care management and coordination
- Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS)
- Podiatry - foot care
- Prosthetics and orthotics
- Rehabilitation provided in settings other than home
- Respiratory therapy
- Social and environmental supports
- Transportation (non-emergency).
Who can enroll in Senior Network Health?
You may join Senior Network Health if you:
- Are at least 18 years of age or older
- Reside in Oneida or Herkimer County
- Are eligible for Medicaid or willing to pay privately
- Are able to remain safely at home
- Will require long-term care services for a period of 120 days or longer.
How do I enroll?
Please call New York Medicaid Choice for a conflict-free evaluation at 1-888-401-6582 or TTY at 1-888-329-1541.
How is Senior Network Health paid for?
Senior Network Health services are provided at no cost to Medicaid eligible members or they are available to a limited number of private pay participants. This managed long-term health care plan is covered by New York State Medicaid to support the option to better improve your health and well-being at home.
What is the Medicaid Spenddown Program?
The Medicaid Spenddown Program is a New York State program that allows certain individuals who fit within the federal categories of Medicaid to qualify for Medicaid coverage even though they receive income in excess of eligibility requirements. Spenddown is another term for deductible; it acts like an insurance premium that you must pay (or incur the cost of) before Medicaid will pay. Click here for more information.